Thursday, May 9, 2013

This really isn't a BodyLove Blog, but I just seem to keep posting about BodyLove!

When we go clothes shopping, my husband knows the drill. First thing to check when I walk outta the dressing room? The Roll. Smaller women call it a Muffin Top, but when you're my size, your muffin sinks. 

A friend of mine, who doesn't even know how much I love her for showing me this blog, steered me towards The Nearsighted Owl. I've been reading it for days already, in between bouts of housework and babysitting. And I've noticed a bit of an attitude change.

Closer fitted clothing.
Pants.
Wearing what I want to wear, instead of what I think I look best in.
A lot less caring of what other people think of my outfit.

Surprisingly, a LOT more outfit compliments.

I've had a tunic dress for about a YEAR and never worn it, because of The Roll. I wore it a couple of weeks ago, and the amount of compliments and winks I got was amazing - not to mention the freedom I felt by being able to wear it!

I'm dressing for me because I should be the only one who cares, but now people ARE caring and they seem to like it. Isn't it funny how that works?!

1 comment: